November 1, 2010

Out With The Old And In With The New

Share |



I have a friend who is into instant gratification and usually ends up buying the latest greatest gadget that comes out on the market.  I, on the other hand, am a procrastinator and will research all of my purchases until the cows come home, which usually means that the newer version of the product is ready to be released.  Cell phones are a perfect example.  In the ten years that I have had a cell phone plan, I have owned a total of two cell phones.  My friend on the other hand has owned seven cell phones over the past ten years.

Two months ago I finally broke down and purchased a Motorola Droid 2 at the urging of my friend.  Actually, it wasn't really "urging", but more like an ultimatum.  It seems that he was going to start charging me by the minute for all the time I would spend using his "latest and greatest" cell phone.  Also, he mumbled something about being embarrassed to be seen in public with me and my antiquated cell phone.

Since I won't be spending any more time researching cell phones, I decided to put a blog together about using my new phone.  I plan on providing info on:

  • basics of using the Droid 2 phone
  • basics of using Android 2.2
  • how to use apps
  • comparison of apps
  • info on accessories
I hope you find something useful.

And now a moment of silence for my old, but ever reliable Motorola e815.




1 comment:

  1. Instant gratification!!!!!! Lord give me patience and I want it now!!!!!!!!

    Glad you got the looks of the blog the way you wanted it, looks great. I'm looking forward to the upcoming info here. I have admit that in the short time you've had the D2 you've done an excellent job of learning it.

    Truth is I almost miss the old e815, at least I got a little attention back then......... ;-)

    ReplyDelete